The Do's and Don'ts of Wedding Favors – Episode #35
Wedding Favors…Oh, the like hate relationship we have with them. As we're sure you know that we here at From Ring to Veil are not fond of the wedding favor unless it is something unique or practical. We feel that as a guest a favor and/or a gift is not necessary. Guests are there to enjoy and share in the wedding celebrations. BUT if you feel as though you need or want to give a favor please do. But before you hand out the bubble or jar of jelly, do a little research and go with something unique that isn't going to be left or thrown away.
We have some wedding favor do's and don'ts for you to consider.
- Put a bit of yourself into the favor.
- Example: You or your groom are an artist, make something that is reflective of you so that it is personal
- Make sure there is a purpose or meaning behind it.
- Engraved bottle openers
- Make it simple and something that doesn't take too much time to prepare.
- Mini wine bottles with YOUR label on them
- Make it unique
- Take home donuts for “breakfast”
- Take home popcorn bar
- Make it unique to your venue
- If you are at a vineyard, wine or grapes
- Give things that grow
- Go with a theme
- Beach theme
- Beach theme
- Herb plants
- Personalized Flash Drives
- Shot glass with mini liquor bottles
- Make it fun
- Have a photo booth so that your guests can take home a fun photo(strip)
- A music cd “mixed tape”
- Personalized Drink Koozie!!!
- Give dollar store finds
- Mints (please do not do the “Mint to Be” thing)
- Spend too much time on them
- Spend too much money on them
Remember you can reach us anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
-Until next time, no stress, no worries, keep calm and listen on-