Listen to the podcast to hear everything we have to say!
Episode #44 – What Not to Do – Wedding Etiquette
When it comes to your behavior during and proceeding your wedding, there are so many ways to act. The best way is with tact and politeness. Recently there has been some really bad behavior reported. We would like to talk about one in particular.
There is an article going around about a couple who email a wedding guest about the gift they chose to give:
Charging guests for dinner $80 BBQ plate
- Don't ask your bridal party to lose weight to fit the dress or the look you are going for.
- Don't change your mind on things like shoes when they have already been purchased by the bridesmaids
- Don't bring cell phone to alter
- Toes are too personal as is undergarments
- Contracts? Weight, hair…
- Don't wait until the last minute
- Find out the reason before flipping out – life tip
- Don't try and control your guest's outfits
- Don't plan surprise spa days for your bridal party and then expect them to pay
- You can't invoice your “no show” guests
- Don't take brides dress “to clean” without permission
- Don't take vases and glassware that the floral comes in as they are most likely rented
- Don't profess your love of either bride or groom during the toast
- Don't air family grievances during reception
- Don't drink too much
“A girl I went to high school with threw a fit and nearly called off her wedding, because her florist couldn't find flowers that perfectly matched her lipstick.”
Email from a listener!
Here at From Ring to Veil, we love to answer your questions. Please email us at email@example.com to send us your wedding planning questions.