Don’t miss out – listen to the podcast to hear everything we have to say!
Episode #54 – Tips on How to Plan Seating Charts
Seating charts are a pain unless you thrive on organizing. Most people have difficulty planning them out. Today we have some tips to help you get through this task with ease.
*Wedding Wire has a great seating chart software program and there are many others*
- Open Seating – Buffets
- Assigned tables place cards on tables – sit down dinner
- Assigned seats and tables – sit down dinner with all plates set beforehand and/or multi-course
How to plan:
- Group guests
- Try to mix tables with people that know each other and people who don't
- Kid's table
- Try not to seat people with (bad) histories at the same table
- Don't over think it – it's really only for the dinner part and then your guest dance the night away
- 8 is the ideal number at each 60″ table no less than 6 but absolutely no more than 10
- Ask your parents for guidance as they may know something you don't.
Seating chart ideas:
- Picture frames
- Tons more on Pinterest
If placing your guest in specific places is just too much, consider the assigned table option. It may just save you a headache.
We want to know: Are you making a seating chart?
We would love to hear from you and to answer your questions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your wedding planning questions.
If you would like to show us some love, leave us a review and subscribe to From Ring to Veil wherever you listen to podcasts.