Information That You Need Before You Meet with Your Vendors– Episode
In this episode, we give you some questions you might not have thought to ask at your vendor consultations.
Going into a consultation prepared will help you keep on – track and remember what all you need to know. We have a great list for you.
Venue: (Episode #3)
How long for an ambulance or fire department to come out to the venue
- Parking and handicap accessibility?
- Weather contingency plan?
- Insurance, liability, cancellation or postponement?
Planner: (Episode #19)
Estimated guest number
- Are you a certified wedding planner?
- If your event is outdoors what is your weather contingency plan?
- What type of planning do you offer? Logistical only or design and logistical?
Photographer: (Episode #7)
An idea of the style of photography that you are looking for.
- Do you have a portfolio and are all of the photos weddings that you have shot?
- How do you feel about guests taking photos?
- Do you have a second shooter and what happens if you are unable to make it?
Floral: (Episode #13)
Venue info and table count
- What design styles are you most comfortable with?
- Do you deliver and setup and who will do that?
- Will you work with my cake designer if I need flowers for my cake?
Caterer: (Episode #25)
Estimated guest count
Idea of food you'd like
- What do you do with the leftover food? Take home, guests, shelter
- Licensed? Insurance?
- Is there a banquet manager?
Cake: (Episode #51)
Pics and idea of what you want
Estimated guest count
- What do we do if the cake gets damaged?
- How far in advance is the cake made?
- What are the icing options?
DJ: (Episode #21)
Idea of what music you want
- Do you have the ability to mic the ceremony as well as the reception?
- Will you create the reception timeline or will you work with my planner?
- What kind of space or stage do you require?
We hope this helps prepare you for your many vendor consultations.
-Until next time, No Stress No Worries Keep Calm and Listen On-
If you'd like to support us please check out our patreon page at fromringtoveil.com/give
Remember you can reach us anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org