Honoring the Ones that Have Passed On – Episode #78
In this episode, we are giving you a few options for honoring the ones that have passed, during your wedding. There are things to consider first but we have a few ideas and suggestions to help you decide what is the best way to honor those you love(d).
- How recent is the loss?
- If recent, you must grieve first only because you want this to be a happy occasion.
- Will your guests be crying tears of sadness or joy?
- Do you want your tribute to be secret or public?
Honoring lost loved ones at your wedding :
- Wear something that reminds you of that person
- Use something they have given you
- Tribute in the ceremony program
- Light a candle
- Photo table
- Toast in their memory
- Reading for poem
- Instead of favors donate to their favorite charity
- Moment of silence
- Save them a seat – rose or bouquet
- Wrap bouquet in a tie that he once wore
- Sew cherished photo into your wedding gown
- Handwritten note that you have from them
- Man”s dress shirt sewed into your dress
- Tiny picture frames or frame on bouquet
- Wedding band bracelet
- Carry Family heirloom
- Include family recipe on menu
- Floral arrangement in their honor and include a note in the program
- Include their fav flowers in your bouquet
- Favorite song for ceremony
- and more
Subscribe to From Ring to Veil anywhere you listen to podcasts.