The Weather and Your Plan B – Episode #83
In this episode, we are discussing Plan b – just in case.
What happens when it rains on your wedding day? Well, first of all, you can take it as a good luck token. Secondly, Do you have a plan B? Do you know what your plan B even is? Let us help you plan for those just in case moments.
- Be aware of the weather- planning an outdoor wedding in the PNW in October or November and you have a great chance of wind and rain and my opt for an indoor wedding. Check the Farmers Almanac or Weather.com has great historical weather data
- Choose a venue with indoor and outdoor areas for ceremony and reception
- Have a Plan B-have your planner(we highly recommend you hire one), venue coordinator and you and your SO come up with a plan B or weather plan. Make sure you share with your other vendors as well. Set a time to be able to change things, ie..if it is an hour before your outdoor ceremony and it is pouring outside make your plan b active.
- Guest Comfort- Take your guest into consideration for your plan b, it may not be raining but maybe it is too hot, cold or windy. Your guest will not be comfortable in those conditions
- Rent a tent just in case- it may not rain but it may so rent one just in case
- Send out rain cards with your invites just in case of inclement weather the ceremony will take place…
- Event Insurance- yes there is such a thing. If you live off of the east coast or the gulf coast, hurricanes are a big deal. What happens if a hurricane comes through and shuts your venue down, all that money down the drain. check out event insurance
- If it is not storming but sprinkling, laugh it off, provide umbrellas, your photos will come out great.
What if one of your hired vendors comes down with the flu or a case of meningitis? What if your DJ goes into labor? What if your caterer has a breakout of salmonella? Talking with your vendors and having a backup plan with each one will ensure that you are taken care of.
It's raining, snowing, a windstorm or a hurricane and your wedding day is today. Take our advice and make sure to have a plan b!
Email us at email@example.com Or #fromringtoveil on Twitter or Instagram!
-Until next time, No Stress No Worries Keep Calm and Listen On-