Writing your Vows – Episode #131
Update on everything (must listen)!
We have talked about vows before on the show, episode #41 but this time we want to help you write them. To get you thinking about what to say. Writing vows for some of us is scary. Speaking in front of everyone and pledging your life and love is a big deal not to be taken lightly. Hopefully, we can help with the stress of writing them.
- Some religions require that you use traditional wording so make sure that you know what your “rules” are and follow them.
- Talk with your fiance about what you each want to do and agree on what is allowed.
- Start out by asking yourself some questions:
- What does marriage mean to you?
- Why are you marrying your fiance?
- Do you have a favorite memory?
- What do you hope for your future?
- Do you know what will make her happy?
- What are your promises? You need a few, at least 2, that you want to promise and can keep.
- Nothing embarrassing, you can make it a little funny if that's how you are but nothing that is going to make your spouse mad or hide their face.
- Use your resources. There are lots of books, websites and even podcasts like this one to help you write the perfect vows
- Read lots of examples.
- Try to keep the vows short, 3 minutes at most.
- Have a nice copy for yourself and don't use your phone or iPad.
- Be yourself.
- Practice! Lots! And out loud!
Stuff that should/can be included:
Your feelings/thought on when you met.
When you realized you were in love and wanted to marry.
The “because of you…” Statement.
Where you see your life together going and ending up.
The traditional stuff.
How they inspire you.
I take you and with this ring.
Remember you can reach us anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
-Until next time, No Stress No Worries Keep Calm and Listen On-