Gift Ideas for Parents – Episode 157
Pause and subscribe! Take a screenshot and share!
It is tradition to give a gift to your parents on your wedding day. We are here to give you a few ideas on what those gifts should be. Doesn't have to be given at the wedding.
- Plate, plaque, photo frame with a meaningful saying or poem
- Personalized cutting board
- Monogrammed/personalized: mirror, wreath, wall hanging, mugs, glasses, fishing lures, jewelry, cufflinks, tie clips, pocket knives
- Frame to add wedding photos, bride/dad, bride/mom, groom/dad, groom/mom and/or family
- A weekend getaway
- Spa day or couple's massage
- Tickets: sporting event, concert, play or whatever they are into
- Embroidered handkerchiefs
- Father of the bride socks 😉
- Man crates for dad, boxes for mom
- Gift cert for an upscale shopping place like William Sonoma
Mother of the Bride
My mother is wonderful. She is helping when she can and paying for things here and there. When we picked out my wedding dress, she put $200 total down and told me I had to pay for the rest- so I did. I visited my aunt a few weeks later and my mom came up in the conversation. Apparently, my mom had told my aunt that she paid for my wedding dress… I was a waitress at the time, and attending college- which I still pay for by myself, and I was appalled that my mom tried saying she paid for my entire dress when she paid $200 out of $1,000. I never spoke to my mother about this, but I am still shocked.
A few weekends ago, my mom and I went to a bridal show together and found a great DJ. My mom was very convincing that I should get a DJ who is going to be great (which I was reassured by this in one of your podcasts- to invest in a good DJ because that is what people remember.) We found a DJ and again, my mom put $200 down. After we had signed the contract and made a payment, my mom looks at me during the bridal show and says “you better start making payments on this”. At this point, I wanted to cry. I know my parents help out when they can, but I do not make enough money to pay for all of this on my own. My fiancé pays the bills in our house and the money I have, I pay on my credit card and tuition.