Planning a Second Wedding – Episode #161
Pause and subscribe! Take a screenshot and share!
We never get married expecting the marriage not to work. But sometimes you find yourself getting remarried. So, when you do we have some “planning a second wedding” tips for you!
- If you have children, tell them first–no matter what their ages.
- Budgeting is very important since you now most likely have mortgages and kids.
- It's ok to wear white or red or blue…it's up to you!
- The veil, on the other hand, is a first marriage thing as what it stands for is purity and being “untouched”.
- Traditions and interests that suit you.
- Traditional, nontraditional, or throw a surprise wedding!
- Don't talk about the past or what's gone wrong, focus on the now and the future together.
- Involve your kids, if you have them, in your wedding:
- Let them stand up for you.
- Greeting guests, handing out programs, attend the guest book, and/or usher.
- Include them in your vows, make it a group exchange. Give them rings or bracelets as a symbol.
- Let them help you plan i.e. cake tasting!
- If small they can be ring bearers and flower girls.
- Create the kids “signature drink”.
- Create first look moments
- Celebrate as if it were your first.
- You'll need a divorce decree or a death certificate to file for a new marriage license.
- You deserve and should take a honeymoon!
- Premarital counseling is highly recommended.
- The MOH still has the same responsibilities as well as the wedding party. They may be a little different depending on what the couple decides to do.
- A bridal shower is perfectly fine. It may be more of a non-traditional style though.
- You can register, for things you want and need but don't expect your guests to give gifts.
- Figure out the “legals”, prenups, name changes, previous marriages are settled.
- Second marriage for the bride, she should use her legal name on the invitation instead of using a maiden name.
- Having your dad walk you down the aisle for the second time is completely fine as long as you are both comfortable doing so.
- Make this wedding different from the first.
- When it comes to the reception, really do it up however you want.
- You are probably aware but your parents aren't required to pay for anything but they may want to.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
-Until next time, No Stress No Worries Keep Calm and Listen On-