All Things Bridesmaids – Episode #168
Join our Facebook Group
Bridesmaids are a very important part of your wedding. You pick them carefully so that they can help you in this wedding planning journey. This episode is all about them and for both you and your party.
Brides this part of the episode is for your tribe!
We will be sharing our suggestions on how to make your job as bridesmaid the best it can be for both you and your bride.
Etiquette Show: Episode #94
How to be the best bridesmaid:
- The bride, your girl, needs you to be there. Take care of her needs.
- If you see something that needs taking care of, do it! Or find someone other than the bride that can do it.
- If someone comes to the bride, asking questions, complaining, step in and take care of it.
- Keep it positive. Don't bring the vibe down with negativity and complaining and fighting!
- If the bride is stressing out, take her to the side and listen to her worries, take charge and help her. Breathing and laughter are truly the best ways to relieve stress.
- Be ready for pictures. By that we mean, don't avoid the camera. Yes, it is part of your job to be in pictures with a happy smile.
- The wedding day is for fun and happiness. Make it the best you can. Show the bride how much you love her and make this day a great one.
Your duties as a bridesmaid:
We list the Maid/Matron of Honor's duties in Episode #26
- Assists Maid/Matron of Honor
- Purchases your own clothing and shoes, here in the US at least. It seems in other countries the bride pays for the dresses
- Help Maid/Matron of Honor plan and pay for the bridal shower and bachelorette party
- Make sure to give the bride a bachelorette party that she wants, don't do anything she doesn't want to do.
- Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner as well as showers
- Greet guests at the reception and encourage mingling
- Help get the party started, get on the dance floor
Brides, this is for you!
A few tips on handling your bridesmaids and situations that might come up.
- Be reasonable about your asks of them.
- Take in account the money you ask them to spend on your wedding details.
- If they are paying for their own dress and shoes buy them their jewelry to wear as their gift.
- If you have a maid-zilla, you can release her from her duties and bring peace back to your tribe.
- Maid trying to outshine or steal your spotlight? Ignore, it's not going to happen. You ARE the spotlight!
- Be honest with them. If your maids aren't taking care of their duties, talk with them about it.
- Your new sis in law is a maid for you but you don't know her well. Take some time to get to know her. Take her to lunch or spend some time where you can chat.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Join our Facebook Group
-Until next time, No Stress No Worries Keep Calm and Listen On-