Wedding Websites, Designers, and Trends – Episode #169
Join our Facebook Group
We've got a little of everything in this episode. We'll help you figure out your wedding website. Tell you about wedding designers and fill you in on some trends.
-can be scary but if you remember one rule it will all be easy. Keep it simple. If you've included all the when, where's and how's, everything else is just gravy or icing (depending on how you look at it:)
What to include on/in your wedding website:
- How to get to the ceremony, directions
- What time the ceremony starts
- An idea of what to wear
- If it’s a cash bar
- If there is a hotel block reservation
- Any other transportation information
- Registry options
- Honeymoon funds
- Who to contact with questions
- Ideas for out to town guests
- #(hashtag) info and/or if the ceremony is unplugged
- Your story
- RSVP options
Wedding Designers, what are they?
a.k.a Wedding Stylist or Wedding Architect or event designer
A wedding designer's role is purely aesthetic and doesn't include things like contract negotiations or attending appointments alongside the bride.
We found some great info on wedding designers :
What a Wedding Designer does:
- Puts in up to 40 hours.
- Creates the design concept.
- Oversees the decor budget and vendors
- Attends a site visit
- Creates detailed floor plans.
- Ensures all of the decor elements are in place on-site at the wedding.
Hire a Wedding Designer If …
- The decor is the most important element of the wedding for you.
- You're confident in your organizational skills, but your creative skills are lacking.
- You're trying to pull off a very specific theme or you have a million wedding style ideas that you can't narrow down.
Pinterest has released their 2018 wedding reports and we are here to share them with you!
We want to have a very traditional, Southern wedding. Are there any Southern traditions that I'm forgetting? We want to show his family from up north southern charm and hospitality and demonstrate how great it really can be down here, and how kind and loving people can be here. What are some good ways to incorporate southern hospitality into the whole experience?
- Here are a few southern traditions that we found some of which we thought was the norm throughout.
- Groom's Cake-was usually a fruitcake but now it is usually chocolate for an alternative to the wedding cake that is usually vanilla or yellow cake or does a bleeding armadillo cake ala Steel Magnolias. Your Aunt Weezer would be proud.
- Bridesmaid Luncheon-every southern girl knows that we ladies like to lunch so host a bridesmaid luncheon for some great time with your MOH and Maids.
- House Party-In addition to bridesmaids, some brides designate a “house party” of friends and family who attend all bridal activities (shower, bachelorette party, etc.) and help out with ceremonial duties on the big day, like overseeing the guest book.
- Pounding Party-For this housewarming party of sorts, friends and family give the newlyweds pantry staples like flour, sugar, butter, and eggs by the pound.